the Hikari Collection
Number: GR2 (Guide)
General Size: 5.75 inches (see
exact dimensions below)
Regular Price: $1075.00
Special Price: $895.00
|GR-2 (The Guide): The GR-2 incorporates Hikari's patented guide tip blade design that allows a stylist to cut with
extreme precision. A very pointy guide tip enables the stylist to
scoop and cut the hair very close to the skin and around the
ears. However, the patented guide tip has a smooth inside edge
which prevents the stylist from cutting the client or themselves.
With a longer bottom blade, the Guide's patented tip leads the scissor
blade for continuous cutting on a section of hair, giving the stylist
awesome precision cutting results! Other shears that have very
little metal at the tips (very thin tips) can dull quickly and lack
power at the tips. The slender and lightweight design makes it perfect for detail work. Available
here to view a video demonstration
of the "Guide" scissor
Precision Convex Edge
* Hikari's proprietary blend of molybdenum, cobalt, and
vanadium alloys (Hikari steel level 3)
* patented Guide tip (one blade longer than the other)
* slight dual anatomic grip (smaller
angles than the regular full anatomic grip, see picture above)
* concave outside edge and small 13 degree bend in the handles provide
precise and comfortable
palm to palm cutting
* cutaway thumb hole
* 2 rylon glides in the pivot area provide super smooth cutting action
and less wear
* 2 removable finger rests allow you to flip the scissor for various
* coin adjustable tension screw
* blade length (tip to pivot) = 2 7/16"
* overall length
(tip to end of longest handle) = 5 11/16"
Note: Multiple finger ring sizes available to
provide the perfect fit for your fingers.
Note: For a detailed explanation of scissor
features and measurements, click here.